Customize Your Ride: Types of Motorcycle Handlebars
When it comes to all the different ways you can customize a motorcycle, handlebars are usually one of the first choices for DIY motorcycle mods. But what are some of the most popular types of bars, and what is their function?
Here is a hassle-free guide to some of the many types of motorcycle handlebars out there. Which one is your go-to?
- Tracker: Sometimes used on a taller handlebar riser, Tracker handlebars are often used for flat track racing, which is how they received their name. They have a lower rise than most stock bars and provide the option to use your stock wiring cables, so they are pretty simple to install.
- Clipons: These straight bars allow you to use stock wiring and are simple to install. Clipons got their beginnings on drag bikes, but these days, they are commonly found on bobbers, cruisers, and choppers. Used originally on drag bikes, these handlebars are also commonly used on choppers, bobbers, and cruisers.
- Moto: As you could probably guess from the name, Moto bars are commonly seen on dirt bikes, but they aren’t exclusive to that class. Moto bars can provide different degrees of curve and height, but it depends on the type of riding that will be done in order to determine your preference.
- Zero Drag: While tailor-made for Sportsters, Zero Drag bars will look great with tall risers on choppers. A good rule of thumb is the more neutral the shape of the bars, the more versatile they are.
- Low Drag: Low Drag bars have a flat bend and zero upsweep that can sometimes make handling difficult, so they are not suited for bikes with lengthened forks.
- High Drag: High Drag bars are for that hardcore, custom look. These bars are made to help your bike stand out and look great on pretty much every Harley model.
What's the best place to sell my motorcycle online?
Tired of looking for the best, hassle-free way to sell a motorcycle fast? Well, look no further. RumbleOn is THE easiest and best place to sell a motorcycle online for free. Better yet, you're able to sell motorcycle for cash on the spot. It's all online, all fast, and all free! Get a cash offer for your bike, and we'll come pick up and ship your motorcycle at no cost to you!
Buy a motorcycle online or trade for a new ride, and get free shipping.
Looking to buy a used motorcycle online? You should know that RumbleOn welcomes trades! If you want to trade in your current ride for an upgrade, then just submit your motorcycle, ATV, dirt bike, or any other powersport vehicle for a free cash offer and you can have a new Certified used motorcycle or powersport vehicle shipped for free with no hassle! All RumbleOn powersports and used motorcycles for sale are shipped for FREE to your door, as-promised or your money back, and with a 90-Day Rideability Guarantee! Read more about online motorcycle trades here!